Practice Pharmacist - Waltham Forest
Are you looking for a new challenge with the opportunity to apply your existing clinical and patient-facing skills whilst also developing a new skillset?
Do you want to be involved in an exciting medicines optimisation project to improve the care of patients with asthma and COPD in North East London?
If so, read on…
With a strong heritage in practice based pharmacy and innovative pharmacy service development, Soar Beyond has a passion for realising the clinical value the profession can bring to patients and how pharmacists can better support the workforce in primary care.
We are looking for a dynamic and pro-active respiratory pharmacist to contribute to improving the outcomes from medicines for patients diagnosed with asthma and COPD in North East London.
We are looking for a sessional GP practice pharmacist with a specialist interest in respiratory medicine who will work over 2 days in North East London until March 2018 to:
- Deliver holistic pharmacist led clinical reviews of high risk asthma and COPD patients with a view to improving patient control, reduce the incidence of A&E admissions and promote cost-effective prescribing.
- Link with community pharmacists to support patients with NMS and MURs to improve adherence and compliance to medicines prescribed in asthma and COPD
Sessions will be paid at a daily rate of £225-£250 depending on experience.
Core skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A flexible working attitude with the ability to work under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
- Able to organise workload and work autonomously as well as within a team
- Clear, concise record keeping and report writing skills
- A sound understanding of the NHS agenda in delivering high quality, safe and effective care
- Be committed to keeping up-to-date with developments on medicine use
Essential for the role
- Experience of working in primary care
- Experience of running respiratory clinics
- Registration with the GPhC
For more information, please contact us at: email@example.com
For more information about us, please visit our website www.soarbeyond.co.uk
We reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once a sufficient number of applications has been received.